Get Help – Financial Assistance

CAC may be able to help if you are experiencing a crisis such as illness, job loss or divorce and need emergency financial assistance. CAC provides financial assistance to pay portion of rent, mortgage or utility bills or other emergency situations. In addition, qualified clients may receive help with prescription medication or prescription glasses in emergency situations only.

Frequency: Eligible clients may receive financial assistance once a year, level of assistance will depend on the client’s circumstances.

Process:  Clients receive a pledge for the amount of support CAC is able to provide.  In most cases, additional sources of funding may be necessary. Once the client has secured all necessary funds, the client will need to return to CAC to provide documentation that all funds have been pledged or secured. At that time, CAC will provide a check for payment to the appropriate business entity (landlord, utility company, etc.) Checks are not written to clients directly.

Requirements: Applicants seeking financial assistance must show proof of loss of income and live in the cities of Sandy Springs or Dunwoody, GA within the following ZIP code areas: 30327, 30328, 30338, 30342, 30346, 30350.

Applicants seeking assistance must make an appointment. You will need to bring the following documents with you to your appointment: 

  • Identification
    Social Security card or picture ID
  • Proof of Residency
    Copy of current apartment lease or mortgage 
    Adults not named on the lease must provide proof of address.
  • Documentation for all Residents Living at a Given Address
    Social Security cards or picture IDs or for children, proof of school enrollment or birth certificate.
  • Proof of Income
    May be provided by a pay stub, IRS tax documentation, or AFDC/Food stamp letter.
  • Proof of Loss of Income or Financial Need
    For example, separation notice, medical bills or payment receipts, etc. Client’s name must appear on the bill being submitted for documentation.